Digital marketing is an umbrella term that encompasses multiple digital activities and channels that are used to generate leads for a business. The most popular of these channels are social media, email marketing, and search engines. Many different components of a digital marketing campaign must work together to utilize these lucrative digital mediums and generate positive ROI.
Below we have listed five key components without which digital marketing campaigns would not be able to perform to their highest potential. These are the 5 basic prerequisites of a successful digital marketing campaign:
1. A business website – As the primary online location of a business, a website is required for almost all aspects of digital marketing activities and goals. From brand awareness and online reputation management to organic traffic through search engines. The role of a business website in sales and marketing through digital mediums is integral to success.
In digital marketing, a business website is necessary for both organic and paid traffic. Although the consumer mindset has learned to trust the digital space, it is still crucial for businesses to establish trust and credibility in this space. A business website is a valuable resource to achieve online credibility. It can convert incoming traffic into leads, and leads into sales.
Businesses in the Caribbean can benefit from the expertise of the highly skilled website design team at Webfx to create a professional website. Learn more about what features your website will need to increase conversion rate – Five website design features to increase conversion rate
2. Active social media accounts – Social media marketing is essential for digital marketing. It’s fast, active and entertaining nature allows businesses to create a more relaxed and enjoyable personality for their business persona, making them more affable to online audiences. Step one is to decide your online persona – how do you want your target audience across various social media platforms to perceive you. Step two is to create and maintain social media profiles based on this persona. This is a place to create:
- Customer relationships
- Customer loyalty
- Brand awareness
- A better brand reputation
- New product awareness
- Awareness about promotional deals
Additionally, social media advertising has become a cost-effective and rewarding paid marketing strategy with Facebook and Instagram being the top paid marketing platforms.
3. A landing page – In digital marketing, a landing page is created to capture leads, either by offering a free digital product (example: an e-book), or a low-dollar purchase. The objective is to move the leads further down the sales funnel, while at the same time, build an email list that can be used for content and email marketing. The second valuable contribution of a landing page is insights and data, both necessary to refine future campaigns for better results.
Speak to the digital marketing experts at Webfx and learn about how you can use these strategies to increase online marketing benefits from your existing and upcoming campaigns.
4. Digital content – Social media, blog posts, video marketing, and even paid marketing require digital content. Marketing cannot exist without content. The medium may have changed from traditional to digital, but content is still one of the deciding factors for a campaign’s success. Digital content generation is an on-going effort. Content creators need to adapt to changing trends so every piece of content created is compelling and offers true value to the target audience in the form of information or entertainment. Choose a digital marketing team which is skilled at creating content that is engaging, offers value, and represents your business as an industry authority. The main forms of digital content are:
- Case Studies
- Gifs and Memes
5. Well defined sets of target audiences – A thorough research of your target market will allow your business to understand and categorize target audiences into distinguishable sets. This is necessary for setting up micro-campaigns, each targeting a different set. Such a refined digital campaign structure is essential for reducing resource wastage and generating better results. Start with a broad segregation based on age, gender, and location, and further refine it using parameters such as education, profession and likes/dislikes.
Before starting a digital marketing campaign, have these key components in place. Every form of digital marketing supports the other, hence a holistic approach is needed in the online marketing space. Contact our expert digital marketing team to help you realize the growth potential of your business and strategize and execute a marketing plan of action that best suits your business requirements.