Google is the world’s largest search engine with billions of search queries made every day around the globe. With such a massive pool of online users seeking information, entertainment, products and services daily, being on Google’s position 1 for a niche keyword holds huge perks for businesses in terms of website traffic, sales & conversions, and overall online exposure.
Google Ads paid marketing is a faster way for businesses to grab the number one position on Google for their niche keywords. While on-going search engine optimization (SEO) is the key to long term ranking benefits, Google Ads allows quick paid visibility. Although Google Ads promises visibility, the click through rates for the ads will depend largely on how well the ad copy is written.
Let’s go through five Google Ads copywriting tips that can significantly improve your CTR:
1. Get to the point right away – Unlike Facebook and Twitter, Google users are already aware of their pain points and are actively searching for a solution online. Therefore, there is no need to waste Google’s limited ad space convincing them of their pain points. Instead, get right to the solution your business product or service will provide to help resolve their problems.
2. Include your keywords – When you include your keyword in your ad copy, and if your ad shows up on Google through that keyword, it is highlighted in bold. This is an easy way to make your ad stand out in a long list of search results for better CTR. It will also increase your ad relevancy which can lead to lower CPC.
3. Add a call to action – A ‘call to action’ or CTA motivates the audience to take action. By including simple CTAs like “Call Now” and “Order Today” your ad is telling them exactly what action you want them to take. It’s an effective technique to push your potential customers toward the next step in your sales funnel without using an aggressive sales pitch.
4. Add numbers & dates – Adding numbers to your ads is another simple method to help them stand out while at the same time provide users with important information such as cost or an event date. Use numbers in the form of % discount, price, and dates to break up phrases in the ad copy so it appears visually distinct and attracts more traffic to your website.
5. Keep the focus on benefits – The focus of the ad copy should be on the benefits your products or services offer. Let the users know how your product/service solves the problem that brought them online to look for a solution. Focus on the emotional outcome of your products and services. How can they ultimately make the users’ lives better?
All digital marketing solutions need the right targeting and messaging to reach marketing goals. The efficacy of Google Ads campaigns also depends on thorough research of the target audience and niche keywords; combined with a well-crafted message that will connect with the target audience. Therefore, developing the craft of copywriting is crucial to the success of all digital marketing campaigns including Google Ads. If you are a business in the Caribbean interested in running digital advertising campaigns, get in touch with the experts at WebFX for digital marketing and advertising solutions.