Smartphones and mobile applications have taken computing on the go to the next level. Together they have revolutionized the way we shop, order food, pay our bills and even send money to our friends and family. Mobile applications have turned smartphones into a powerful toolbox, capable of doing so much more than just making and receiving phone calls.
Why Are Mobile Apps So Popular?
In today’s digital age most people expect things to happen fast and with minimal effort. We have come to expect speed and convenience in all areas of life. Mobile brings speed and convenience to tasks that used to be tedious and time consuming. Hence, they are soaring in popularity. Factors that make mobile apps popular include:
– Quick and easy access
– 24/7 availability
– Simple to use and operate
This is a huge opportunity for businesses. There is no other marketing tactic out there that can put you in front of your target audience the way mobile applications can. The rate at which smartphone users are increasing, it only makes sense to take advantage of this lucrative marketing channel.
If you are still on the fence about getting a mobile application developed for your business, take a look at its benefits below.
Five Ways Mobile Applications Can Help Your Business Grow
1. Boost Sales – A business mobile app will allow your customers to find products and services quickly. A simple scroll and few clicks will take them to what they need. The task of browsing the internet and searching for options is eliminated. This in turn helps boost sales by:
- Saving time for potential buyers, thus encouraging buyers to ‘take action’
- Reducing competition by eliminating visibility of competitor options that appear online
Investing in an easy to install and operate mobile application will overtime have a profitable impact on your business’ sales and growth.
2. Build Strong Brand Presence – Mobile applications help your brand stay connected to your clients 24/7. This connectivity supports brand visibility, recognition and trust. The more they recognize and trust you, the stronger your brand presence is going to be. Mobile apps can also incorporate sharing buttons to boost social sharing among customers.
3. Build Customer Relationship and Loyalty – Another advantage of staying connected to your customers is improved customer relationship, that expands and strengthens customer loyalty. This is one of the best advantages of business mobile applications. A loyal customer means higher customer lifetime value.
4. Encourage Customer Engagement – Mobile application development must incorporate features which boost customer engagement. Features such as a helpdesk, loyalty points and share buttons, all propel active customer engagement. This also lets you peek into what problems your customers are facing, and how you can provide better customer service. Regular interactions with clients will help your business brand foster trust and aid points 1, 2 and 3 mentioned above.
5. Better Direct Marketing – Direct marketing can be a double-edged sword. If you get the targeting right, your campaign can generate a massive ROI. However, if your targeting is off, a direct marketing campaign can go down in flames. With mobile apps, direct marketing is less risky for two reasons:
- You are targeting an audience who already know you, have interacted with you, and since they have your business mobile app installed, they are already interested in your products and services.
- Mobile apps are also good for collecting customer data on purchase habits. Based on this data, you can refine your targeting and make it more specific. Specificity is the key when it comes to marketing and mobile apps help implement it to your marketing strategies.
Customer behavior is changing to stay in sync with present digital scenario, and businesses need to pay close attention to these changes. If you want to survive and surpass your competition, your business strategies must evolve. Mobile applications are a perfect example of how your business can take advantage of this new era in digital marketing.