The WordPress Developer works with the development team to develop and maintain a variety of websites for clients. The WordPress Developer is expected to have a deep understanding of WordPress and able to use it to build polished, fundamentally sound, responsive websites.
- Understanding, installing, modifying, configuring and code customizing plugins/modules for WordPress.
- Providing timely resolution to reported problems with existing websites.
- Programming of full stack web applications using the LAMP stack
- Understanding and communicating development requirements based on Scopes of Works and Requirements Analysis Documents
- Ensuring all work adheres to current industry best practice.
- Working closely with both the design and project resources to achieve the best possible results in web projects from conception right through to delivery.
- Performing updates for WordPress updates, WordPress plugin updates and other maintenance updates for active websites
- Ensuring high performance of applications and providing support.
- Creating and updating site maps to describe web app functionality
- Conducting performance tests for websites using standardized tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar.
- Experience programming in the following languages:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the aforementioned technologies by showcasing at least three previous work assignments/projects
- Experience working with front-end tools such as WPBakery and/or Elementor
- Strong understanding of WordPress custom post types
- Ability to work through problems on one’s own until solved
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Understand and integrate or use external software such as Libraries, Plugins, APIs and SDKs.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in a team setting.
- Creative problem-solving skills and an ability to apply business logic to development requirements.
- Cross-browser/platform experience
- Needs to be detail-oriented, resourceful, and work well under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills are essential
Other Skills that interest us:
- Strong in programming WordPress Plugins
- Developed web-based mobile games
- Strong ability to manipulate web elements using CSS