The Multimedia Designer works with the Creative Director and his team to develop and design multimedia-based layouts, graphics, animation, video, sound and/or content for clients’ use in presentations, video productions, multimedia programmes, websites and mobile applications.
1. Works with clients and project team to review and recommend design options, form and function
2. Designs web and mobile user interfaces and layouts including concept
3. Create and maintain animations, videos, interactive presentations and website designs for use through multichannel marketing efforts including web sites, animated memes, email templates, videos, audio, and mobile marketing
4. Work under the leadership of the Creative Director to ensure clients’ deadlines are met
5. Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop creative concepts and direction for clients
6. Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time
7. Working as part of a team of designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications and/or in-depth knowledge of the practical use of the following:
1. Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, After Effects, Acrobat Professional) or other equally suitable design or animation software
2. Video and audio editing software including Final Cut Studio (Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Motion, Compressor), Premiere, GarageBand, Sorenson Squeeze, iTunes, Pro Tools, QuickTime Pro, and preparing files for QuickTime Streaming Server (QTSS), and Common Gateway Interface (CGI)
3. At least three years experience working in a similar in-house role or agency
4. Possess a relevant degree and/or a strong design background with a portfolio of work and URLs that demonstrates a solid understanding of design, innovation and creativity
5. Ability to take designs through the stages of concept, execution, and published format in a relatively short time frame.
Desired Personal Traits
1. Positive Attitude – Webfx is an upbeat, unconventional workplace
2. Seeking a committed individual with mobility in mind as Webfx is a fast growing company with upward mobility opportunities for committed individuals looking for a career and not just a job
3. Adaptable – ours is a quickly evolving business that requires the constant need for change.
4. Ability & Willingness to Learn Quickly – internet marketing is an ever-changing field and all marketing staff need to maintain the highest level of understanding, the latest news, and be able to implement quickly what is learned
5. Honesty & Trustworthiness