Digital marketing is a dynamic field that is constantly changing. There are three key areas of digital marketing: Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Marketing and Paid Ads. For SEO, most marketers will focus on ranking well on Google which is the dominant search engine around the world with notable exceptions like in China. In 2021, Google has made at least 8 significant updates to its algorithm. Most experts estimate that the company updates its algorithm about 500 to 600 times a year.
As people’s tastes evolve and the new generation increases its purchasing power, the landscape of digital marketing changes significantly. Facebook is now considered a platform for an older audience while the younger generation is active on new platforms like Tik Tok, Discord and Clubhouse. Marketers need to stay up to date with these changes to ensure their digital marketing strategies are effective.
Digital marketing trends are generally global, this means that they impact countries like Trinidad as well. In this article we explore trends that you and your digital marketing agency in Trinidad should be aware of.
1) SEO Trends for 2022
- Artificial intelligence will play a larger role when it comes to SEO. Google has introduced its new AI algorithm called RankBrain. Google has not disclosed how exactly RankBrain analyses and learns content. However, many SEO experts believe that user experience will play a key role in how websites are ranked.
- Mobile first has been growing in significance for the past 5 years. In 2019, Google introduced mobile first indexing. A clear signal to all online marketers that mobile UI and UX matters. In order to achieve higher rankings, it will be crucial in 2022 for websites to be designed from a mobile first mindset.
2. Content Marketing Trends for 2022
- Content proliferation will become more common. Effective marketing will ensure content is presented in as many formats as possible and will incorporate voice, video and visuals into the content marketing strategy.
- Video content should be part of your content marketing strategy. The number of video platforms has increased significantly over the past few years. Users today are consuming large amount of video content in various formats. Marketers can use free video idea generator tools to identify hot topics for video content creation. Creating trendy content that will resonate with audiences and optimizing it to rank well in search engines should be part of your content strategy in 2022.
- AI & Machine learning tools will be able to speed up the process of content creation. Effective marketers will find ways to leverage the capabilities of AI and machine learning without compromising on the human empathy that makes content great.
3. Social Media Trends for 2022
- Tik Tok is here to stay. Despite being banned in India and rumors of an upcoming ban in the US due to security concerns, Tik Tok is still alive and thriving. It has become the preferred platform for Gen Z. The app now has over 1 billion active monthly users! It may be time to consider if TikTok needs to be part of your digital marketing strategy.
- Micro influencers can help drive local businesses. During the pandemic the influencer economy saw a massive boom. Businesses now recognize the power of micro influencers who can help drive real world sales in their niche very effectively. In 2022 we will see an increase in collaboration between local businesses and micro influencers who cater to specific geographic areas.
Advertising on social media platforms will change. As privacy laws get stricter, digital marketing agencies will need to stay up to date to ensure they are able to navigate the changes to social media advertising that will come into effect in 2022.
Working with a full-service digital marketing agency in Trinidad will give you the benefit of having expertise in all areas of digital marketing. Contact WebFX for your digital marketing needs in Trinidad so we can help you smoothly transition into the new era of digital marketing and advertising.